How individual counselling looks can vary greatly
How individual counselling looks can vary greatly depending on what you bring in to work on, the therapist’s modality, and what you are looking to get from counselling. Some factors are consistently present in individual therapy. It is a one-on-one approach wherein emphasis is placed on building a safe and trusting relationship where clients can feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement. As such, it is important to find a counsellor with whom you feel comfortable opening up. This trust can take some time to develop, but ultimately it is up to you to decide whether or not it is a good fit.
Some of the benefits of individual counselling include:
- Increased ability to process feelings
- Developing new ways of coping
- Improved self-esteem
- Changing destructive thought patterns
- Healing and integrating past traumas
- Exploring and challenging obstacles to well-being
- Addressing symptoms related to mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression
Individual Therapy Models
Why No Fear Counselling?
With clinicians of many languages and backgrounds in convenient locations, we provide effective counselling services tailored to your unique situation.